Last Updated: September 12, 2022
Groupe Lune Rouge Inc. / Red Moon Group Inc. (collectively, with its subsidiaries and affiliates, “Lune Rouge”, “we”, “our” or “us”) are committed to maintaining and preserving the confidentiality and security of your Personal Information. “Personal Information” as used herein means information that can be used to identify, locate or contact you or could reasonably be used to identify, locate or contact you, as more particularly defined or limited by applicable privacy laws, and which is submitted to us or collected by the Website and maintained by us in the course of our activities and operations.
Moreover, when you use the Website, you also have responsibilities which are outlined in the Terms and Conditions section of the Website. We recommend that you consult these Terms and Conditions prior to using the Website in order to understand and be informed of your obligations.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Collection and Use of Personal Information
- How We Collect Personal Information
- Sharing of Your Personal Information
- Personal Information Collected By Third Party Websites
- Retention Period
- Personal Information Security
- Unsubscribe or Opt Out
- Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Information
Collection of Personal Information
The type of personal information we collect will depend on your relationship with Lune Rouge and the nature of the services or information you request from us. The personal information we collect may include:
- Contact information: such as your given name, surname, postal address, telephone number and e-mail address;
- Interests and preferences information;
- Social Media Information: such as your profile picture, username and other information related to your social media accounts when you post, submit, or otherwise make user content available to us;
- Job Application Information: if you apply for a position through the “Careers” page of our Website, we will collect the Personal Information contained in your application package or generated in relation to your application and/or submit the same to the applicable company of our group to which you are applying;
Any other information that you provide directly and voluntarily, including any message you send to us by e-mail or by generally contacting us by any means.
Information Collected Automatically
We may use a variety of cookies and similar tracking technologies (“Cookies”) that automatically collect certain Website usage information whenever you visit or interact with us (“Usage Information”). Usage information may include, without limitation, the information on your browser, operating system, all of the areas within our Websites that you visit, including content that you browse, and the time of day, among other information. Usage information may also include your IP address or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”) for the particular device you use to access the Website. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer, mobile phone, or other device used to access the Website, and our servers identify your device by its Device Identifier. Subject to applicable laws, some mobile service providers may also provide us or our third party service providers with information regarding the physical location of the device used to access our Website;
Personal Information about Others
If you submit information on behalf of another individual (for example a client, a friend, a family member), you must ensure that you have their consent to share his/her Personal Information with us, and you confirm that you have this consent.
Personal Information about and from Minors
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information about or from minors through the Website. If you submit information about another person who is a minor or if you are a minor under the laws of your jurisdiction, please do not submit any Personal Information through the Website without the express consent and participation of a parent or guardian.
Use of Personal Information
We collect and process Personal Information:
- To respond to your inquiries, comments and questions.
- To send you newsletters about our activities.
- To provide you with our most recent information, including projects, partnerships, activities, initiatives and events.
- To communicate with you, with your consent, about our campaigns and events and those of partners or sponsors with whom Lune Rouge has associated.
- To analyze and process your application for a possible job opportunity and to assess whether to offer you a position. If you are not offered or do not accept a position, we may retain this information for a reasonable period in the event that an appropriate position becomes available or that you re-apply.
- To improve the Website performance and functionality, such as remembering your Website preferences/settings to better serve your requirements.
- For data analysis, for example, to improve the efficiency of our Website.
- For identifying usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our Website are of most interest to users.
- For audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements.
- To ensure the security and processing of your Personal Information and to prevent or detect fraud.
- For fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft.
- To investigate an anticipated breach of an agreement or to investigate and help prevent potentially unlawful activity that threatens Lune Rouge.
- For developing new offerings, communications, services, programs, events and initiatives.
- For enhancing, improving or modifying our current offerings, opportunities, activities, programs, events and initiatives.
- To ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations, to comply with a subpoena or court order, or to comply with the rules of court regarding the production of records, or any other purpose required or permitted by law.
- To meet legal, regulatory, industry, audit, security or ethical requirements.
We collect your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- When you send us an inquiry by using our contact email address or otherwise communicate with us, for example, when you send us questions, or when you request information about our Website, organization or activities.
- When you subscribe to any of our newsletters.
- When you apply for a position in our Careers section.
- When you provide us with your Personal Information while on our premises, such as when you log in to the Wi-Fi network.
- When you choose to interact with us through social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn or others.
- In connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Website or when you call or visit our offices.
We may share your Personal Information with:
Business Affiliates and Third Parties - our subsidiaries and affiliates and our respective employees, contractors, consultants, and other parties who require such information to assist us with managing our relationship with you and operating our organization. Additionally, we may transfer Personal Information and other information to a third party in the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or a portion of our business, brands, affiliates, subsidiaries, or other assets.
Service Providers – Personal Information may be transferred to third parties who provide who provide services to us to store or process this information on Lune Rouge’s behalf. When we access or transfer Personal Information, we do so in compliance with applicable laws. In some circumstances, the sharing of personal information with third parties or other group companies may involve the storage or processing of personal information outside Canada. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any international transfer of personal information is carried out in accordance with applicable privacy laws. The protection of such personal information will be subject to the legal requirements of the jurisdictions where the information is transferred, including lawful requirements to disclose information to government authorities in those countries. If you have any questions about the collection, use, disclosure or storage of personal information, please contact us as indicated below.
We take reasonable contractual and other measures to require that our employees and the organizations with whom we share Personal Information maintain the confidentiality of Personal Information in accordance with applicable law and only use such information for the specific purpose for which we supply it to them.
We may retain your Personal Information for an additional period in archive databases, including for the duration of applicable statutes of limitation in order to be able to exercise our rights and/or defend legal claims.
We take all reasonable precautions necessary to protect your Personal Information from misuse, interference and loss; unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. While we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any Personal Information you disclose or transmit to us and cannot be responsible for the loss, theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification of your Personal Information, unless such acts are the result of our gross negligence or wilful misconduct, unless otherwise provided by applicable law.
All users and visitors to our Website have the option to discontinue receiving communications from us by way of email or newsletters. To discontinue or unsubscribe from our Website please send an email that you wish to unsubscribe to firstname.lastname@example.org with a mention “Unsubscribe”.
As permitted under applicable laws, you may exercise the following rights with regards to the Personal Information we hold about you:
- Right to access your Personal Information: You have the right to access and obtain a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you (subject to certain restrictions);
- Right to rectify your Personal Information: You have the right to have your Personal Information rectified if it is incorrect or outdated and/or completed if it is incomplete.
- Right to have your Personal Information deleted: In some cases, you have the right to have your Personal Information erased or deleted. This is not an absolute right, as we may have legal or legitimate grounds for retaining your Personal Information;
- Right to object to the processing of your Personal Information: Where the processing of your Personal Information is based on a legitimate interest, you have the right to object to its processing;
- Right to restrict the processing of your Personal Information: The processing of your Personal Information can be restricted, in which case we will store it accordingly, but will not use it or process it further;
- Right to the portability of your Personal Information: You have the right to receive a copy of your Personal Information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or to request its transfer from our database to another service provider. This right is limited to Personal Information that you have provided, where processing is based on a contract or your consent, and where the processing is carried out by automated means; and
- Right to withdraw consent at any time for data processing based on consent: The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent prior to its withdrawal.
You may contact us by sending an email to email@example.com with the mention “Privacy” at any time to exercise the above rights. Before granting your request, we may require that you confirm your identity to us. Your request may be accepted or denied on the basis of any applicable laws.
If you are not satisfied with how we have handled your request, or if your request was refused, you can apply to your local authority to have it examined.
Groupe Lune Rouge Inc.
Attention: Head of Legal Affairs
2200 Stanley Street
H3A 1R6 CANADA