SFX Technicien (temporaire)
Lune Rouge is a Montreal-based company that develops projects and makes investments, with the guiding principle to contribute to innovation, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit, mainly in the areas of technology, entertainment and technology, real estate as well as initiatives with a positive social and ecological impact.
Lune Rouge Entertainment, an affiliated company of Groupe Lune Rouge, brings together industry experts to implement innovative artistic projects and explore new creative horizons. It is inauguring its new project PY1 : a nomadic and modular space, dedicated to the diffusion of immersive experiences. This vast pyramid is a unique playground for the presentation of multimedia universes combining high technology with the talent of the greatest digital creators. This new project will begin its tour in Montreal.
Lune Rouge Entertainment is currently recruiting for a SFX Technician who will report to Reporting to the Technical Manager, the Special Effects Technician oversees the installation and maintenance of all SFX equipment. He ensures that all systems operate smoothly during shows, rehearsals and media events and keeps the maintenance and inspection logs up to date. He also assists all technical systems and equipment in close collaboration with the Technical Team
- Develop a thorough knowledge of all special effects equipment specific to the production.
- Take part in planning and managing the teardown and set-up operations for the SFX department with the Operations Manager;
- Inspect and run special effects equipment (lasers, smoke machines, confetti machines, augmented reality).
- Maintain all special effects equipment.
- Lead crew members in inspecting and maintaining all special effects equipment.
- Create and maintain all inspection, maintenance and all other required documentation for the safe and continued show operation.
- Participate in special projects including the construction and installation of show systems, and inter-departmental projects that may include hanging, flown, or other needs that fall within the technician’s specialty.
- Maintain a safe working environment always by conforming to established safety policies and procedures.
- Participate in required safety classes and emergency rescue procedure training.
- Work collaboratively with all other departments within the company to meet all technical and artistic requirements for the show.
- Perform all other job-related duties as requested.
- At least 5 years of experience in similar large-scale production.
- Ability to climb and to work at heights.
- Basic knowledge in video, laser, lighting.
- GrandMA knowledge an asset.
- Disguise d3 basic knowledge an asset.
- Ability to repair and troubleshoot Ethernet, SDI and BBD connectors.
- Basic networking skills and understanding an asset.
- Fluency with electrical and electronics.
- Formal fall protection training, competency training and overall safety training.
- Leadership and ability to work under pressure.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both in written and oral form.
- Interested in touring full-time with the show and authorized to travel and work in foreign countries.
Please send your cover letter and CV by email to the attention of Béatrice Affaki at the following address: email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest.