Junior Analyst, Financial Compliance
One Drop is an ambitious and dynamic international foundation and organization created in 2007 by Guy Laliberté, founder of Cirque du Soleil, which works to ensure that everyone has access to water, today and forever.
As an emerging leader in the water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) sector, One Drop significantly and sustainably improves the living conditions of communities in developing countries through innovative projects aimed at improving access to water.
For more information, visit onedrop.orgonedrop.org
Such an ambitious mission calls for extraordinary measures taken by exceptional people. Paving the way into unknown and inspiring territory, our people seek to transform the challenges they face into opportunities. You are one of those leaders. Your energy, passion and determination motivate and inspire those around you. And the results are conclusive.
One Drop, an organization with an entrepreneurial culture and operating in an international context, is looking for a dynamic, results-oriented individual who is willing to take on challenges in a stimulating and growing environment. One Drop offers an excellent opportunity for an analyst who feels challenged by the world of international organizations and wishes to invest in an extraordinary international development mission.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the production and verification of financial reports received from implementing partners, such as, among others, documentation compliance and expenditures;
- Participate in the administrative and financial monitoring of international projects, particularly those of partners located in Latin America;
- Assist International Programs in the developing, updating, and applying financial management and internal audit policies and procedures;
- Participate in the analysis of implementing partners' financial forecasts and their requests for advances of funds;
- Encourage collaboration and maintain regular contact with implementing partners, particularly in Latin America;
- Participate in the preparation of periodic financial reports to be submitted to donors;
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of the annual budget for international programs, including allocation of income and expenses for accounting purposes;
- Verifiy International Programs’ invoices and codifing and track payments;
- Follow up on International Programs’ contracts;
- Update the financial parameters for project in the financial system;
- Collaborate in efforts to develop, maintain and apply policies and procedures relating to internal controls throughout the organization;
- Assist other members of the finance department during peak workload periods or absences;
- Perform any other related tasks.
- College diploma in accounting or equivalent, or bachelor’s degree in business administration;
- Studies in international development would be an asset.
- Minimum two (2) years of relevant experience in project financial management, financial auditing or other relevant field related to financial analysis;
- Experience in a not-for-profit organization (in the international development sector, an asset).
Languages, Knowledge of Technology
- Fluency in Spanish and English, both written and spoken, is mandatory. French is an asset.
- Ability communicating with partners abroad;
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, in particular, mastery of Excel Expert Level is required.
Please send your application to the following e-mail: email@example.com
We will contact only the selected candidates.
Thank you for your interest !