DIRECTOR OF PRODUCTION SERVICES
Lune Rouge Entertainment, an affiliated company of Groupe Lune Rouge, brings together industry experts to implement innovative artistic projects and explore new creative horizons. It’s inaugural project PY1 is a nomadic and modular space, dedicated to the diffusion of immersive experiences.
This vast pyramid is a unique playground for the presentation of multimedia universes combining high technology with the talent of the greatest digital creators. This undertaking is the first step of many and reflects the willingness of LRE to define its approach to entertainment.
Reporting to the Executive Director - Production, the Director of Production Services will be required to plan and direct the work of the Production Services Department, in such a way as to establish and meet all creative and operational requirements.
To do so, the incumbent will work closely with all production, creative, corporate and external stakeholders.
Production team management:
- Manage the Production team to ensure adherence to Project parameters;
- Take part in developing the project hiring plan and oversee its implementation;
- Manage the team’s human resources, assess performance and apply policies and procedures;
- Support and motivate the team;
- Overview the following functions listed hereafter but not limited to: Technical Design and Support, Infrastructures Design and Support, Media Production, Technology Research & Development, Project Development and Support, Drafting, Procurement.
Project development, supervision and support:
- Play a proactive role in the creative cycle with other stakeholders and partners;
- Spearhead the project development, from initiation to project go;
- Prepare preliminary and initial budgets including but not limited to artistic, technical, construction and production aspects, forecasts and maintain manoeuvring room in terms of any unexpected situations or necessary changes;
- Establish and track the project development schedule and budget;
- Serve as guardian of the LRE knowledge and processes;
- Support the project teams to ensure the project is achieved, from the development stage, to final documentation, including stabilization of the works;
- Support show production when needed;
- Ensure that production decisions are consistent with long-term operational success;
- Produce a project report (retrospective analysis).
KEY PROFESSIONAL RELATIONS
- With internal or external partners: to properly clarify the overall Forest parameters;
- With the Producer, Director of Creation and Artistic Director: to ensure adherence to their creative vision and to facilitate the stabilization of work;
- With those in charge of infrastructure: to clarify the influence on production elements;
- With internal suppliers: to obtain specific help or expertise;
- With the operational team: to promote an optimal transition;
- All duties can be reasonably reassessed and adjusted by the Producer or Senior Management;
- Ensure a balance between execution imperatives and overall production vision.
- A minimum of seven (7) years in a similar position;
- Experience in the field of arts, entertainment and the promotion of large-scale shows;
- Highly creative, visionary skills and passionate about driving company growth;
- Strong analytical, decision-making with excellent problem solving and time management skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and be able to motivate a team;
- Ability to work within tight deadlines with minimal guidelines;
- Ability to work under pressure in an evolving organizational context;
- Must be fluently bilingual (English and French) both orally and in writing;
- Must be available to travel occasionally and qualify for a work permit abroad.